Thursday, March 4, 2010

Journal #5

Entry #15

1.)

1.) A specific situation when someone assisted me was when I was confused about my math homework.
2.) A specific situation when I assisted someone else was when they could not figure out how to get the computer to work.
3.) A specific situation when I made assisting someone else more important than my own success and happiness was when the holidays are coming up and people need my help getting everything ready.
4.) When someone asks me for assistance I usually feel uneasy if it’s a task that I don’t have much experience dealing with.
5.) When I think of asking someone else for assistance I usually feel nervous because they might not be able to help.
6.) What usually gets in the way of my asking for help is I either forget, who I want to ask is busy, or I’m currently in the middle of something.
7.) If I often asked other people for assistance I would feel like I’m not capable of being independent.
8.) If I joyfully gave assistance to others I hope that great satisfaction will come my way.
9.) If I gratefully accepted assistance from others, my tasks would be complete, but at the same time look like I can’t do anything without assistance.
10.) One goal that I could use assistance with today is finding a job and managing my finances.


2.) My relationship with others is interdependent. When I’m alone and have set tasks to do, I generally do fine, but when I need help I know how to ask for it. I do not rely on others as I use to long ago, and will rely less on them as I work toward independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment